What Would Anastasia Do? (WWAD?)

Okay, so forgive the play in the famous phrase. This is a good and reasonable question when it comes to designing your new homestead!

In this post, I'll try and collect all the directions she offers in the series, noted with what book and chapter they can be found in. (Insofar as I am able *smile*) I will keep adding to this as I get a chance!

Book Four - Co~creation, Chapter 26

Kin Domain size: 2.5 acres or 1 hectare

Landscape characteristics:
  • Living fence set inside the property line several feet to create paths between properties
  • 1/2 - 3/4 of lot should be forested
  • Plant raspberries or currants in the edges of forest/agriculture and along fencelines
  • Plant a hedge between the garden and forest
  • 16m or 48ft diameter pond, lined along the edge with strawberries
  • Sapling pen for goats and hens
  • 2-3 log hives for beekeeping
  • Wood / log house
Lifestyle choices:
  • Live outside as much as possible, especially when pregnant.
  • Conceive and bear your child under a tree on your land if possible. That tree will become their tree.
  • 9' Easement between lots
  • School located in center of houses