Why the Passiv House (Zero-E) isn't for me

My friend just procured the services of one of the world's foremost architects in Passive House design to design him an oasis in the desert. The two of them have worked for well over a year now to design and build the PERFECT house. It was tedious. The architect really had no concept of budget so my friend had to make compromises and deal with all manner of schedule upsets. The process was exacerbated by problematic required infrastructure improvements that were nigh on impossible to attain. My friend learned alot about the design process, good and bad. It was a joy to watch him overcome all these obstacles to his dreamhouse. They got through it, and produced what should prove to be a stellar design... as far as Passive Houses go.

Now that they are building it, He excitedly sends me updates of the building progress, and I want to be like "Aw, that's so cool!" because I am genuinely excited for him. He LOVES his house. But I find that I don't say much. Because, while I am excited for him and hope he loves his space, I hate the house. I really, really hate the house. 
It actually makes me mad.
How on earth, you may ask, does a house make me mad?
Because it's offensive to my sense of beauty. It's UGLY. Plain and Simple. U.G.L.Y.
And because I care about my friend's happiness. You see, my friend is a bit of a naturist, which by definition, means he loves the feel of air on his skin. I love this about him. It changed my paradigm of what comfort really is.
And the problem I can't get over... is in a Passive house, YOU CAN'T OPEN THE WINDOWS! You depend on mechanical systems to bring in air. Which means, if they break, or the power goes out, you die. OK not really, but, still. If the system doesn't work, for whatever reason, the house doesn't work. And it gets beyond stuffy - it'll be downright chokeworthy. I imagine myself living in the sealed room in the TV show Lie To Me. Put some comfy furniture in there and could I live in it? The short answer is NO. 
The Lie to Me interrogation room
But what about you?